Allambie Heights Public School was opened on 20th July, 1959 with an enrolment of 144 students and a staff of four teachers. In line with the residential expansion, a steady growth in School population was maintained over the succeeding years.
Characteristics of the local area have been incorporated into the design of the School Badge. An Aboriginal motif is used on a curved natural shape, with colours of terracotta and forest green predominating. Creatures of the sea, land and sky are depicted as they were carved on the rock platforms by the first inhabitants.